Sugar Fix

bad bad bad aprilraven.. u keep hiding your wonderful piccies from us... wanna see more!!!!!!!!
That first is a stunner... real winner you got there. BEAUTIFUL :D :D :D
Thank you for sharing :)

hey lafoto...mine will come land on you if you wanna head south,way south for you, you can sit on the porch..(verranda is a chick that lives down the street from us!!)

big mike, i wish, you silly sucker...your still king...

amanda, your the one who gave me this inspiration....since we have all the spiders going on, maybe we should swap to that??? or the crows...??

thanks again, ya'll...deep fried love, here...

thanks mansi,
but..
pah-leese... here you are, queen of street shots..never have an off day, and able to create shots out of thin air...

live in my world, where everything is plain, boring, and saturday nights out mean a bug zapper and a six pack, on the deck......(and i dont mean a young good looking guys abdomin... )

your world is full of neat interesting colorful characters.... i live around bubba's, and earls....(not the royalty...i'm talking earl...real ones...no teeth, overalls, proud of the stains on the white tee shirts that look like the profile of bill clinton!! ) welcome to my world...thanks mansi...your stuff makes mine look like play-doh... your the queen..

:hail: WOW!!! April...I can only say what has been said. These are just awesome, especially the last one. You sure did catch some great shots I sure hope you keep posting. You are keeping some amazing talent from us. Now will ya try and get us a crow shot, or teach us how to get one. :lmao:
Great work April :hail:

I tried to pick a favorite, but I can't. These are excellent! I don't think I've ever seen this bird with it's wings still so #2 captured my attention for quite a while. I hope you'll post more of your work. The little that you've shared I've loved!

love your last shot, i have a tough time catching them without the feeder in the photo. It takes a lot more patience to get them in a more natural environment, typically they aren't as tame either. The flower adds so much to the photo.

JTHphoto said:
love your last shot, i have a tough time catching them without the feeder in the photo. It takes a lot more patience to get them in a more natural environment, typically they aren't as tame either. The flower adds so much to the photo.

where do hummingbirds sleep? or do they?

JonMikal said:
Nope, they are the only sentient creatures that are wide awake, 24/7.

:mrgreen:

In trees, I would guess. I watch mine glide away every night. :heart:

Great to see you post again! Very excellent capture of the wings in motion... not to mention just getting a few pics of these pesky guys, they're as hard to catch as crows in a graveyard! ;)

JonMikal said:

i know i would be tired if my arms moved that fast...

They always give up on the feeders when the sun goes down. I saw a hummingbird nest a few years ago, it was tiny, kind of like my first apartment...

;)

actually, they usually nest over water...i have looked for a nest for years...but to no avail...mine are the first things out when it starts getting light, and the last thing to go to bed before i do...they will be headed south in a bout three weeks...i hate that, cause they are so entertaining...
btw..the ones that you see with a red dot on their neck...? that is juvenille males..next year they will have ruby throats.... i found that out last year.

alison, thank you... that means so much from you..

reaper, you should be posting more too, i love your stuff...

chiller, thank you too... i have looked for those silly crows, but they are never around a graveyard...always just hanging around trash..never a good shot...but i will keep trying....

jthphoto, thank you..they are hard to catch without the feeder..mine are so abundant and so used to us, they will land on you if your still.. i can stand right by the feeder, and they will land on the camera...on top of the lens...hard to shoot that!!

have ya'll noticed that they sound like star wars battle scene when there are a bunch flying around ya?? laser fight between darth and luke....listen to them sometime...(could just be me....)

terri said:
Nope, they are the only sentient creatures that are wide awake, 24/7.

:mrgreen:

In trees, I would guess. I watch mine glide away every night. :heart:

would you please allow me to ask stupid questions! :greenpbl:

have ya'll noticed that they sound like star wars battle scene when there are a bunch flying around ya?? laser fight between darth and luke....listen to them sometime...(could just be me....)
Nope, that's one of the amazing things about them....the way they hum, low-pitched like a laser sword - it's awesome!! :thumbup:

I also like the way they yell and scold. I only have one feeder this year and there is constant swooping and chasing - we call them the "hummer wars". :lol:

And when one chases another one away, he will sort of hang in the air and screech after the retreating enemy, as if to say "And don't you try it again, ever!!" :lmao:

All this ferocity from something not much bigger than your average bumblebee.....I love them.....:lovey:

they do scold, terri..your right...i have had to move one of my smaller feeders to where this one momma protects the feeder...i have had her keep all of them away..so i gave her a small one, and she sits there and lets her "children" feed but no one else..and very determined to keep others away....

and i have had some "courting" too still...dont know how they have the energy after all that flying...!!!

Most reactions

Back