Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have the following

D200
D70
18-200VR
12-24AFS
70-300VR

The 18-200VR is practically glued to the D70 and I use it as my glorified P&S camera. I'm looking for something to shore up the gap between the 12-24VR and the 70-300VR. As I don't get paid to take photographs I'm looking for consumer grade glass vs pro. A couple of lenses that strike my interest are the 24-70HSM, 16-85VR, or the 50 f1.8

Thanks

I've heard reports of widely varying quality on Sigma's 24-70, but if you don't mind making a return trip or two to your local camera store if you do get a dog, then that might well be a good option. I don't recommend the 1.8 50; three words: Plastic lens mount!

I suggest the 1.8 50mm. That will be the best spent 100 you have every put in to your photo collection. Since I bought mine it has only come off my d200 once.

I order from Amazon which has a good return policy but...I hate returning things. Thanks for the advice on the 1.8 50 as I didn't realize it was a plastic mount. I'll need to look into the 1.4 and see how that stacks up.

The 50mm f/1.8 is just too good a lens at too good a price to resist. It's what I'd suggest. Although, judging by your equipment, you might be able to afford the f/1.4.

50mm f/1.8 or sigma 20-60mm f2.8... the sigma lens is super cheap for the performance; HOWEVER, save that warranty card! they tend to "vary" in quality.

All of these quality comments in regards to Sigma are making me reluctant to move in that direction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back