Suggestion for present!

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
So I am now in Boston.

Many years ago when my sister was studying here, she had a close friend. This close friend and her husband will be moving to London at the end of the month. I met her once a few weeks ago and I will be visiting them this weekend as a farewell visit. So what gift do I get?

Nothing big since they will be travelling.
I don't have photos of my sister or anything like that to frame as a gift. I can give her a cd of my photo collection but it's not like they needed it. I prefer to give something that they will find useful.

so what do you suggest?

Useful in London? Dunno. Books pointing out places to eat and drink? Places to see? Or how about something to remind them of Boston? Is there something they have or do right now which they can't use or do for some reason when they get over here?

I am not sure. She just emailed me saying that they have been busy packing and shopping.... She's not unfamilar with London so I don't know how useful it will be, but that will be a nice thought though.

Get some of those plasticy- magnetic frames that you put over photos and then stick on your fridge. They come in pretty gawdy colours but someone gave me some of them before I left for France and it was really nice, practical and I looked at them every day on the fridge!

I can't think of anything else right now. When I left someone gave me a sort of diary/planner thing. I hated it when the person gave it to me, I thought it was a pretty dumb present but I ended up using it every day and loved it in the end. :) typical ey!

How about trying to track down a book that has American phrases and the British equivilents? Like: American Phrase - "Will you give me a wake up call?" British Phrase - "Would you mind knocking me up in the morning?"

I think I would try to get them a gift card for store in London like "Target". With that big of a move they will need to go shopping when they get there. That's all I can think of.

PS. Maybe a new cd for the plane?

I'm out...

Get them some foreign plug adapters for all of their electronics that are dual voltage. Those are the most handy and most overlooked gifts for anyone that goes overseas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back