suggestion on a backpack

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by nickisonfire, Dec 26, 2008.

1. nickisonfire

nickisonfire TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    hey guys i'm looking for a new backpack, it would need to fit my a300, 18-70 70-300 and 50 along with someother acessories cables and whatnot. I'm pretty short on cash after the holidays so i'm looking for something around $60

thanks in advance

-nick​

2. Joves

Joves No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have the Camelback Ranger pack. It carries quite a bit and water too. It works for me.

3. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was good for ya until I saw those last three characters.

I will still make a couple of suggestions. 1) Take all your gear to a (proper) local camera shop and stuff it in their bags. 2)Look for some growth potential. 3) Decide on which "style" of bag suits your needs. (shoulder, messenger, backpack) 4) Do on-line comparisons. 5) Check to see if your local shop will price match 6) (should have been No. 1) Budget

One thing I like about Lowepro bags is the weather condom. Anything with AW in the model number has a pull over cover. Think rain or sand.

4. nickisonfire

nickisonfire TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    okay thanks guys i'll probably end up going to my local camera store tomorrow

5. wharvey86

wharvey86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have pretty much the same gear as you including a handful of filters, extra batteries, memory card reader, lens cleaning kit and a few other odds and ends and they all fit perfectly into my Lowepro slingshot 200. It works really nice if you like to carry you camera in your backpack but want quick access without taking it off. I use mine sometimes when skiing and it allows me to slide it around front real easy without having to take it off to get on the lift. I was worried about how the 300mm would fit but it can fit either on the camera or just in one of the adjustable lens/flash compartments. If you have a costco around you there was a link about it being on a pretty big sale, or i saw a $20 rebate floating around online somewhere so it should cost you about $70 after reabate.

6. majorpayne66

majorpayne66 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Lowpro slingshot AW200 at Cosco $60.00 with rebate.