Suggestions for a Camera Bag

LiveStrong2009

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I just bought the Canon T1i last week. This is my first DSLR, and I need some recommendations for bags. Any suggestions for bags to keep my camera safe would be appreciated.

I am thinking of buying the Manfrotto Modo Maxi, if anybody has experiences with this tripod, that would be interesting as well.

Thanks!

You'll need to be a bit more specific about how you plan to use the bag and at least your general preferences (normal shoulder-strap, messenger, backpack, sling etc.) to get useful info.

I have/had many Lowepro products and liked them all.

Slingshot 200 AW was a fun bag for every day photo walks. It tends to get heavy on one shoulder when fully loaded after a few hours. Its a sling bag

Classified 160 AW is my daily bag, and its great. Can hold a 70-200 without hood. body and 2 more lenses. And it doesnt look like a camera bag. Its a shoulder bag

Primus AW is a great backpack for longer outings. Lots of up top storage for non photo stuff, plus I can fit body + 2 long lenses or 3 short / medium lenses in the bottom carrying section. Has a tripod mount and a whole bunch of straps for comfort. It also opens from the inside, so while its on and in a crowd, people can't open it. Its a backpack.

I find that you can never have too many camera bags. I'd love just 1 to cover all the different times I shoot, but I havent yet found it.

I have a few bags, it really depends on what the use if for (family, event, trip to the park wtih kids, etc). My most used bag by far is a Kata DR-466 backpack. VERY comfortable even with a lot of weight in it. I like how the compartments are arranged too.

I have others, like a LowePro Stealth Reporter 200AW shoulder bag. This if for quick access to lens collection during event shoots/Photo Journalism.

For taking my camera with me to work (in case I find something along the way to snap) I have a Naneu Pro Sierra

For ultra light, ultra portable (one mounted lens and flash, couple of cleaning supplies and extra batteries) I use a cheapish smaller bag I got from Target. Not the best at protection, but good for taking with to the resteraunt or when I only plan to need a basic kit.

Lastly, for landscape shooting where I want lots of gear I sometimes use my Kata, but at times will opt to go with a Tenba Shoot-Out (medium). It's bulky for everyday use (I think) so use it when I easy access to lot of things where I can lay the bag down on the groun and work out of it.

Think Tank makes awsome camera bags.. i plan on picking up a Think Tank streetwalker HD backpack. I currently have a lowepro compudaypack.. but i definitely will not hold all of my gear that I plan on getting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back