Suggestions for straps when using big lenses

I use a black rapid strap connected to the tripod foot of the lens. Works great, though I usually use a monopod if I’m shooting anything larger than a 70-200 2.8

Yep, Black Rapid on both big lenses. It's the only way I've found to carry heavy camera/ lens combinations comfortably.

I use a black rapid strap connected to the tripod foot of the lens. Works great, though I usually use a monopod if I’m shooting anything larger than a 70-200 2.8

Yep, Black Rapid on both big lenses. It's the only way I've found to carry heavy camera/ lens combinations comfortably.

Thank you both for your replies. I will be giving that a look!

I use the peak design. I rotate the tripod foot on my lens to the 3 O#clock position and connect the strap to that. The other end of the strap goes on the left of my camera. Works well for me, and no swinging gear.

I use the peak design. I rotate the tripod foot on my lens to the 3 O#clock position and connect the strap to that. The other end of the strap goes on the left of my camera. Works well for me, and no swinging gear.
Thanks! I will give that a go to see how it works for me too!

This is what I use when I want to hold my 500mm. I use a 1/4" 20 bolt to the tripod foot on the lens and both straps go to it.

Dual camera strap

coastalconn told me about it in the thread below and it's been a great strap setup.

Canon 500mm f4 L USM

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back