Suggestions for Updating My Fuji?

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So far I don't think there's much you can do with an S7000 in terms of swapping lenses but the basic telephoto and adapter I originally bought to go with my S7000 is just so bad it really inhibits my enjoyment of an otherwise pretty good camera. I've seen 3X and now 4.5X lenses for this but I have been so vastly disappointed with the 2X lens I bought way back in 2003 that I'm hesitant to risk spending anything on a newer version. I just can't afford to go DSLR yet, though I am dying to. This camera has some manual settings at least and it just has to last me for a while longer like it or not.

I really want to get something better in terms of a zoom and wide angle and see if that makes any difference, but I really don't know if any of the lenses out there are any better than what I've got or not. They probably are. Mine are so old, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else out there have a suggestion or two as to what might be a good choice for this camera? The 2X I bought was really wasted money and I don't want to do that again.

Or, and this is what I was really wondering, is there now maybe an adapter situation out there that might allow me to use better, more adjustable lenses, like those say with a Nikon mount with this type of camera? There wasn't when I bought it, and I'm thinking that's just me dreaming, laugh, but you never know. I figured it can't hurt to ask, right?

I'm not really that up on the better lenses. This is the only good camera I've ever owned and I don't know if I have any better options here to hold me while I continue to save up for a DSLR setup. I've looked all over, can't find much online, so I thought I'd ask here.

Advice?

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back