Suicide Girls?

I have heard bad stories about SG.

I like some of the girls, and I think the concept in general is quite cool.

I believe non-compete clauses are extremely hard to enforce.

There have been horror stories going on about SG even before the case of Lithiumpicnic and Apnea (the photographer and wife you mentioned. Lithiumpicnic's site is down because of the legal battle, and now redirects to a page with lots of info: http://suicidegirlx.com/index.php There is a link to their model release too). Draconian contracts and downright abuse of both models and photographers. With all that bad rep i think the only reason they are still around is because people will do anything to become famous, so they put up with all their crap.

I don't have personal experience, but i've been reading simialr stories about SG for years.

Do not shoot for them. End of story.

I've heard complications in scale from from minor headaches to 10,000+ lawsuits. I just don't think it's worth it.

I've heard very bad things about SG. I'd suggest any models to keep clear of them.

The big problem with SG is that they have resources to go after little photographers and most photographers do not have the resources to fight back. As I have asked before, "At $250 an hour, how much justice can you afford?"

Most reactions

Back