Sumatran Tigers

I just love these, Tigers are so beautiful and you have really captured their majesty in these shots. I always come away from a zoo with more tiger shots than anything else (except maybe otters if they are playing) but I would trade them all for just one like this :hail:

Antarctican said:
I don't know how you do it. I'm either shooting them through glass, or through the fence, but my pics don't look anything like yours. Bravo.

(lol) just wondering that too! I shoot pics like butt no matter what I do. I think it's my lack of skills with Photoshop.

I like the first one like someone said here, it's sharp as a tac. It seems really nicely done btw. Looks like the "sharpness" gave the tiger a shart outline if you know what i mean? NICE

JTHphoto said:
this was almost my thoughts, verbatim... nice series joat, first and last are my favorites...

Thanx JTH I appreciate it. It was quite tricky to get some decent exposure with it being an overcast day.

AIRIC said:
Nice sharp shots. One of these days, Carl, you and I will have to spend a day at the zoo.

Eric

Antarctican said:
Me too, me too!

That would be awesome! Chiller and I briefly discussed it, we are not far from each other. IT would be cool to hang with some fellow photog's for a change so i can learn from all of you.

bantor said:
I must reiterate what has been said: great shots, wonderfull colours! I particularly like the second one.

doenoe said:
these are great, i really like the first and the last one :)

Glad you enjoyed them bantor and doenoe.

puzzle said:
I just love these, Tigers are so beautiful and you have really captured their majesty in these shots. I always come away from a zoo with more tiger shots than anything else (except maybe otters if they are playing) but I would trade them all for just one like this :hail:

That's quite the compliment and thanx! My zoo visits are similar to yours. I always spend the most time with the Tigers and Lions, and most of the time I just stand there watching them. This particular time I spent about an hour with the tigers and lions. They are beautiful creatures, my fav's for sure.

fotolode said:
(lol) just wondering that too! I shoot pics like butt no matter what I do. I think it's my lack of skills with Photoshop.

I like the first one like someone said here, it's sharp as a tac. It seems really nicely done btw. Looks like the "sharpness" gave the tiger a shart outline if you know what i mean? NICE

I did apply a little USM but it also helps to have some good glass. I'm very pleased with the results of the Canon100-400mm L, my copy seems to be very sharp. Usually when I shoot big animals this lens really shines, even with small birds like chickadees and sparrows I can get away with some pretty heavy crops and get decent 8x10 prints.

First and last are my favorites....

Ditto on everything else..

Steve

Most reactions

Back