Summer Flowers

Dylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I was browsing through some pictures I took this past summer and these stood out. I really like taking pictures of flowers as they don't move much. lol

large.jpg

large.jpg

Hey, I DO like both of these! Yes, I like them a lot.
The echinacea flower is nicely sharp where it needs to be and I like your composition, placing it a bit off-centre so the petals spread out (and out of the frame in places, which I like in this case!) like a star.

And just you all guess what I like about the second?
Apart from the totally full frame of these edible (what is their name again?) flowers. Dang, I am racking my brain and can't even think of the German name right now ... what is this? Old age!?!?!? :irked: You put them into salads and can eat them, the orange flowers... later... the word will come back later.

the 1st is great, has a lot of impact and the 2nd one make a nice pattern out of the leaves

The first one is great, did you have to use a macro lense?

Wow. Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I used a Sony dsc f717 with the macro setting for the echinacea flower and a 100 mm prime on an Eos Elan body for the second one.

For the first one I could have captured the entire flower but I would have lost some detail from the center. Since the pattern was very striking I felt it was worth it to crop out some of the petals. Regarding the composition, well I wish I could take credit for that but it was probably due to the wind or something. I've shot more pictures of half flowers because the wind pushed my subject out of the frame. Thanks again for your comments.

Most reactions

Back