Summer is (almost) here!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Hobbes, May 15, 2008.

1. Hobbes

Hobbes TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    only two photos this time :D it just seems that some of the trees are too lazy or just a bunch of slow pokes to grow more leafs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hobbes

Hobbes TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any comments are welcome even the negative ones :mrgreen:

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow. Very "Swedish colours" in the third one that's been posted! :D

Your skies are a very, very intense blue!
    And the first shows nicely (to me) how summer proceeds from south to north (on the northern hemisphere), your plants seem to be at a stage where ours were three weeks ago.

In the one with the Swedish Post headquarters (?) in the background ... I am not sure I like the bottom lefthand corner with the junk car and the bit of wall. I would like for the Post Office building to be the main focus, and find that corner to be distracting me.

Would this be Stockholm or elsewhere in Sweden?

4. Hobbes

Hobbes TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    holy! you sure know a lot about Sweden. How many times have you been to Stockholm? Yes they were all taken here in Stockholm where I live and the weird looking building is indeed the headquarter of the Swedish postal service but I didn't really mean to have the whole building as the center of that shot. I just wanted to capture the surroundings and the nature, I guess but maybe that shot would have been better if I did as you suggested :) Well these photos were taken around ten days ago but you are probably right about the summer getting here later than the southern parts of Europe. lol I didn't intend to have the third shot to turn out as some kind of nationalistic scene because I personally dislike politics and any kind of nationalism :greenpbl: but after you pointed out that shot does look very "Swedish" and makes one think of the Swedish flag which is blue and yellow. But I do love the intense blue color of the sky we get here from time to time :mrgreen:

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG] Let me tell you a secret: I have never in all my life been to Stockholm and only once been to Sweden (SmÃ¥land), so it was pure guesswork.

[​IMG] Another secret: I'll be in Stockholm for the first time ever in my life from 14 - 18 August this year and I hope for blue skies such as these! I'll be taking part in a sponsored walk for the Save-the-Children fund, so if you are on the lookout, you might see me (and the group I'll be walking with). :D

6. Hobbes

Hobbes TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I hope you are not one of these "I have learned everything by watching Discovery Channel"-people jk :D August is probably the best month visiting Sweden because it's usually the warmest month of the year and the weather are usually good in August too. lol I am not sure if I will be able to see you walking around, probably with a camera like most of the tourists :greenpbl: because hopefully I will be busy moving by then :wink: