Summer storm

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A thunderstorm just passed through, and I had to race to the lake to try my luck with some lightning.. and caught 1 bolt in 80 trys! lol

Got soaked in the meantime.

DSC_212101websize.jpg

DSC_214901websize.jpg

DSC_211001websize01websize.jpg

DSC_216402websize.jpg

Thanks for looking

Very nice Raymond! Excellent job capturing the lightning! Hope you didn't get your camera too wet :)

I try so hard to capture lightning, and I have gotten some great prints. Although I only had one turn out when it was still daylight. I understand how difficult it is. Great Capture.

one out of 80 now thats dedication :) you got some great shots to show for it though my friend.

Great shots Raymond. I like the colour tones in them. Great timing in the first one.

wow Raymond, the lightning shot is awesome! i'm glad you shared your secret, my last attempt was 79 shots...should have held out for that last one, eh? ;)

the third image is my fav. i love the tones and feel of the shot...the rain and wind really set the mood. nice capture sir.

Thanks Dallas and Jon., apreciate your thoughts! It's crazy to think that i could capture lightening at 1/80 sec, but I thought it was worth a shot! A long exposure would have messed up the waves, and i was hoping to catch a shot with the hard rain, wind, and lightening all in one!

Also, I am still without a tripod! lol

Awesome shots Raymond. I really love the lightning pic.

80 shots isnt just dedication its called OBSESSION! I know most people shoot digital now but for us old school film folks thats a lot of rolls to fire through! Nice work and excellent captures. Now get inside by the fire with some hot chocolate (you know the stuff with the little mini-marshmallows in it.)

lol.. passion is a better word.. i was excited to have the opprotunity with my d70, and seriously thought about holding the shutter button down, and taking 3 pics per second.. but, I held off, and hoped for some luck! thanks again everyone!

Most reactions

Back