Summer time at the fair......

coastietech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took the family to the Pungo Strawberry Festival today. It was a pretty good time. Here are some of the pictures I took while there. I have been on a candid kick lately as well. Let me know what you think.

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

This is picture is blurry on purpose. I thought it would be a cool effect but I'm not so sure I like it now that I see it.
DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

Here are some of the pictures that I took of my oldest son....

This is him standing next to one of the military 5 ton tires. They brought all kinds of vehicles out for the kids to climb on it was very cool.

DSC_0098.jpg

This is him calling his imaginary friend on a pay phone.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

Number 5 and number 9 are my favorite. 9 is really cute, it made me want to go "awww."

I feel instantly taken in by Photo 3 here. I like that one very much. Focus clear, nice DOF, cool expression ("I'm the Captain"), the whole fair mirrored in his shades, that big helmet, good conversion - I really like that one.

Followed immediately by Photo 5. The two little girls are so obviously not sure if they are meant to find this ride fun or frightening ;). The one in the rear seems to tend towards "frightening" quite clearly. Poor one - I feel for her. Well captured.

Also the scene in Photo 6 is ever so well spotted and captured. That lone face out of the one complete car in the frame. Good conversion again, too.

The lovely little scene on the bridge is endearing. Again: very nicely spotted. You had to zoom all the way in for that one, I think?

"Whoa!" - he seems to think when your son stands right next to those impressively huge tyres. He looks so little next to them (and hot by the time you got to this spot ;)).

Really nice shots.
Photo 3 is just excellent... XD

Thank you all for your kind commments.

Lafoto- That was probably one of the best posts I have ever had someone write in response to my thread. Thank you for that. And to answer your question about #9 I did have to zoom all the way in, I was at about 300mm. I wish I would have gotten closer with a 50mm or maybe even the 18-55mm so that I could have gotten the bridge and the water in the picture as well. I tried zooming out to about 70mm to get the water and bridge but the people came out very tiny and lost all detail. Hindsight is 20/20 and if I had it to do again I would take the same photo vertically with a wide angle so that I could catch all of their detail as well as the bridge and some of the water.

Anybody else have any critiques? :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back