sun and the moon (in one image)

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
i'm not too sure whether i like this technically or not so i would appreciate your thoughts. this is about as "abstract" as i get(!)

when taking it i simply wanted to get both the sun and moon in one shot and could only do so with my fish eye lens though it makes them tiny. any tips or suggestions for similar shots in future?

sun_and_the_moon.jpg

Nikon F80, Sigma 15mm F2.8 Fish Eye (Full frame), Fuji Superia 100

I think it's a fun shot; but then I like distortion. :) The main problem with the image is something out of your control, and that is the distance factor that makes the sun and moon (especially the moon) so tiny it's hard to pick up on what you were framing here.

But I like the idea, and I'm guessing that what you snagged here was probably the best you could get under the circumstances and available equipment. :thumbup:

terri said:
but then I like distortion.

that explains why you like me!

i agree with the others in that pulling this off would be very hard to do. i like what you've done here and my hats off to you for at least trying to accomplish this without using PS. most would have taken a shot of one and PS'd the other in. that curve is awesome.

thanks all. i was expecting more negative feedback! glad you liked the curve in the corner- i nearly chopped most of it off as i was going to crop the image to get rid of the vignette in the bottom left!

Most reactions

Back