Sun shining through the trees

IMHO your opinion matters most

I think the problem here is the sun is smack bang in the middle of the shot , not only that but the tree also takes center frame kinda like a heavy crop. I'd like to see the tree to one side with the sunset , perhaps further away.

If you look at other sunset shots you will see that many of them have the sunset to one side.

Hope this helps :)

How about the rest of the background ... was that in your vision ?

If not, crop it out ... you will see a different picture.

Was that what your vision was ?

... think really hard about that, as most photographers don't actually realize what it was that attracted them to the shot.

Yes, the Eye/Brain is very selective.

Example ... if I saw the light beams through the trees ... everything else would have been ignored by my mind.
I would then crop the image tightly to show that.

I like what you did. My particular style would be to move he sun a little more to one side, and prefferably more behind one branch as to balance out the exposure a little. You might try shooting 1 stop down, and using the flash to enhance the tree.

Eh. What I'd really love to see is a shot with this sun through a tree deal, but with detail in the leaves. Colour be done with HDR, but would work much better by blasting the tree with a ton of light.

Not having a DLSR does not mean that you cant take good photos. There are plenty of people on here that shoot with a P&S and still get great photos. It all depends on composition, exposure, and sometimes good post-processing. You can take great photos with any camera. I took one of my best photos with a cardboard box and a piece of light-sensitive photo paper (pinhole photo). As for the shot, I agree. Needs a better composition. HDR means High Dynamic Range and you get this by taking multiple exposures with different values and different things exposed. Then stitch the photos together.

Mark

Most reactions

Back