Sun...- sun...- sun...-

#2 is my favourite :)

#1 one has too shallow DOF for my taste.

#1 one has too shallow DOF for my taste.

Oh. :shock: I was at f16 already to create DOF ... I didn't fancy the need to crank up the ISO ... the field is still there... should I try again, at f22 or f29 and ISO 800? Else I cannot safely hold the 300mm that I used for this one...

Not high enough, I'm afraid. Those sunflowers are HIGH. Tripod and LADDER, maybe? Boy, the logistics ....... :roll:

why 300 mm by the way? things might be easier with a wider angle ...

Well, with a wide angle, I'd have got too much else (plus sky) into the frame, and I only wanted the sunflowers and the copse behind to provide for the dark background. That's why I chose the full 300mm.

Well, with a wide angle, I'd have got too much else (plus sky) into the frame, and I only wanted the sunflowers and the copse behind to provide for the dark background. That's why I chose the full 300mm.

Not necessarily, if you get close enough to the field ... but then again I was not there so I cannot judge it!

When I took this, the foremost sunflowers brushed against me ...

Ohh, love this thread!! I love seeing the (for me, rare) sight of fields of sunflowers!!!

The first and third shots are my fave. [I can see Alex's point though, that not all of the sunflowers in the first one are in focus.]

Most reactions

Back