Sunday day out

shaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Near saturday Market around noon
SkidmoreLamp.jpg

Would a circular polorizer fix this? I kinda like it anyway, but wouldn't want it all the time
FixerUpper.jpg

I like the busyness of this, the stark grey and the bright colors of cones and tape and the green trees, almost overloads me, but I find that interesting, anyone else?
Sandcastles.jpg

Just an interesting column near the lamp post
Column.jpg

Thanks for looking, critiques good or bad welcome. I'm new at this and would like the input.

Shaddy

I agree as to the clarity and also tones of #1 ... all of which is lacking in #4, unfortunately.

Photo 2 gives us MUCH to look at ... is that sand sculptures there? I would think they are just that ... we have a sand sculpture competition here in my country every year in September in Travemünde at the Baltic Sea (see here_for_more_info). I have never been there myself but might consider going there this September for a look (maybe, if the time is right).

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, those are sandcastles, there was a contest/exhibit. My shots of the individual creations didn't turn out well, nothing jumped out as a great pic.

I did get some good rose closeups at the rose garden, but nothing that hasn't been posted before. I followed around a girl that brought a spray bottle for the dew look for some of the shots. I also tried some candids of the people, I got some great shots pose-wise, but the shadows always were too distracting. It's really hard for me to judge what will make a good photo. I just wasn't born with the photographers eye like it seems some are. I'll just have to make up for it with volume and hope I get lucky :lol:

I'm on a different PC now, and my pic #1 looks way too dark and the columns in #4 have more contrast and look better. weird.

Anyway, thanks for looking
Shaddy

Most reactions

Back