Sundial

azkul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thelensflare.com
sundial_47.jpg

Please take a look and let me know what you think. You can view this image also at:

http://www.thelensflare.com/gallery/p_sundial_47.php

Thanks,
Brian

I think this is a good picture. I really like the reflection in the water. The only things I would change are: The picture seems a bit dull. I'd bump up the saturation about 20-25. Maybe crop a little from the top because it doesn't really serve a purpose. And the title....maybe I don't get it but this picture isn't what I was thinking it would be.

I like the composition, also. I like how my eyes seem to wonder around the picture. It looks very peaceful.

Good points about the saturation and cropping.

Sundial is the name of the mountain, and the lake is named Lake Blanche.

Nicely composed. I agree that a small crop on top might help. I also think a graduated neutral density filter would really have helped. The sky is a little washed out from trying to get everything exposed. If you could have underexposed it a bit, it would have helped with the color saturation a bit. Overall though, a very nice image. I love nature/landscape shots :)

I agree about trying to get better color saturation by underexposing by a half stop or so.

This looks like a beautiful area. I like the shot, but the Sundial mountain is just a little too centered for me. A few steps to the left or right, or maybe just a horizontal view, might make it a more compelling composition. :)

Most reactions

Back