Sunlight at One Kelvin...

93rdcurrent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timlorphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot I set up a couple of weeks ago...

Attachments

• $2585841118_c73ec39a79_b.jpg
    $2585841118_c73ec39a79_b.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 138
I don't get the 1K reference.

kelvin, or K (unit of measurement)

thistle.gif
Encyclopædia Britannica : Related Articles

A selection of articles discussing this topic.

application to photography
  • application to photography (in motion-picture technology: Light measurement)

Light is also measurable in terms of colour temperature. Light rich in red rays has a low reading in kelvins. Ordinary household light bulbs produce light of about 2,800 kelvins, while daylight, which is rich in rays from the blue end of the spectrum, may have readings from 5,000 to more than 20,000 K. The colour temperature meter uses a rotating filter to indicate a bias toward either red or...
  • application to photography (in photography, technology of: Colour balance)

...the colour temperature—a concept of theoretical physics that, with tungsten lighting, corresponds roughly to the absolute lamp-filament temperature. Such absolute temperatures are expressed in kelvins (K). The higher the colour temperature the richer the light is in bluish and the poorer it is in reddish rays and vice versa. Average daylight is rated at about 5,500 K, the light from an...
see for more info: http://www.britannica.com/eb/topic-314531/kelvin

Ok. I get it- cool. A little tiny sun.

If I don't get it, shhhh... I still think I do.

:)

Are you sure its not in reference to being one degree Celsius above absolute zero? It doesn't look that cold in the photo, but I want to make sure. :)

Kelvin is the perceived color of the light, though, not the strength. I like the name, but one candle is 1850 Kelvin. Maybe you were thinking of lumens or candlepower (which measures strength of light).

Then again, maybe I'm all wrong! Its happened more times then I've been right! :)

Good photo, either way. I love the low-key feel of it. and the way the light (whatever Kelvin it is :) ) pops out of the holes. Very cool, and very creative.

Thanks Senor Hound for the compliment and I was not going for scientific accuracy. I just liked the way Kelvin's is a measurement of light color and I was using a green light source. This was a rough poetic interpretation and not meant to be taken seriously... ;) I goof around and twist some of my titles if I think it just sounds neat. I like the name Kelvin for whatever reason and it sounded more interesting than lumen.

Titles and whatnot aside, I enjoy this image.
It has a very old feel to it.

Most reactions

Back