Sunrise at Nassau Sound, Jacksonville,Florida

mdsphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The following three photos were taken yesterday morning as the sun was rising above the horizon at Nassau Sound.

Reduced Sun Uh Rising.jpg
Reduced Sunrise Reflections.jpg

Reduced Sunrise-2.jpg

# 2 Is straight from the camera with the only editing being a watermark and cropping.
Specifics: 16mm,f/3.2,ISO 3200,1/60

I like #1 the best of the three, The third one would be much better, in my opinion, without the grass and a little less sand in the foreground.

WesternGuy

Agree with WG, I like #1 the most, but it's badly in need of horizon leveling. There's no hiding it on beach shots.

Thanks to all and I guess the bubble level on my tripod is bad as it was sitting dead center when I shot #1 but I do see what you mean.

Thanks to all and I guess the bubble level on my tripod is bad as it was sitting dead center when I shot #1 but I do see what you mean.

Always check it in post. It only takes a few seconds in LR. “R” is the keyboard shortcut for the crop panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall a very nice set of photos. I like the sky and light in #3 best but find that cut off branch or grass or whatever to be distracting and wish you’d gotten the whole thing in the shot. First one is not the best placement of the horizon or that foreground wood, IMO. #2 is pretty. Very serene but a bit bland - maybe punch up the color or contrast?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back