Sunrise Fog

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in a bit of a fog myself, this morning. I stayed up all night for no apparent reason. By the time I realized it was way past my normal bedtime (2-4am), it was just a half hour before sunrise. I drove to a field I used as the basis for a Super Moon picture, thinking it might make an interesting comparison to see the sunrise in the same spot. Unfortunately, there was a heavy fog... no, I mean FORTUNATELY, there was a heavy fog. Couldn't see the sun, but the fog-draped field was bathed in the beautiful colors of the sunrise. The first frost I've seen this season added an interesting element. And it was damn cold out. Guess I'll have to start getting used to working the camera with gloves on.

Nikon D810, Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR FX at 112mm, 1/40sec f/16, ISO 64 with PP in Lightroom.
qcy-junction-rd1411-45-x1200.jpg

Comments & Critique welcome.

Jim

Nice Jim, Love the colors in the sky.

Wow this is lovely. Did you use a tripod? ISO 64 is really a cool feature on your your new camera

Beautiful scene & capture. :)

Thanks everyone.
Wow this is lovely. Did you use a tripod? ISO 64 is really a cool feature on your your new camera
Yes, I use a Manfrotto 294 Carbon Fiber Tripod with MHXPRO-3W 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head. I can't imagine there's many hand-holdable, low-light opportunities using ISO 64 and decent depth of field. I try to adhere to the rule I adopted during my film years: to hand-hold, the shutter speed must be equal to or faster than the focal length. Lenses with some kind of vibration dampening properties (the Nikon I used is VR) can go a stop or 3 under that, but when you're old and infirm, like me, it's prob'ly best not to go there. ;)

Jim

Never cease to amaze me, Jim. For some reason your photos, especially the last one, reminds me of Bob Ross's paintings.

Stunning colors--Love it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back