Sunrise Photos C&C please

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Disclaimer: This is my first time in about 3 years picking up a DSLR, and I am not and never have been a landscape photographer. I went for a hike this morning at a local wildlife refuge and came back with these photos, taken with a D80 and 18-70. C&C and comments welcomed.

1.)
Sunrise_2_of_4.jpg

2.)
Sunrise_4_of_4.jpg

I really like the first one--the mood is great. But, and this is completely opinion, since the foreground and right side are fairly dark, I think it would look a little better without the some of the negative space.

I did a quick crop taking some of this out:
Sunrise_crop.jpg

Agreed, that looks much better!

My goodness - stunning images.

In that second set, I really like #2 but can you show the tops of those trees to the right at all? I'm wondering what that would do for the composition considering the tops are shown in the reflection

In that second set, I really like #2 but can you show the tops of those trees to the right at all? I'm wondering what that would do for the composition considering the tops are shown in the reflection

Wish I could, I thought the same thing in post. But alas, that's an uncropped image, exactly how I shot it. I plan to revisit though and will work on a better composition next time.

really nice, normal wetland scenes turned into something very special

Wish I could, I thought the same thing in post. But alas, that's an uncropped image, exactly how I shot it. I plan to revisit though and will work on a better composition next time.
Fair enough!

Most reactions

Back