Sunrise series, C&C please

BlueEyes01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I work a few miles from a wildlife preserve. Here is a series from an early morning before I went in for work.

_IGP0324copy.jpg

_IGP0358copy3.jpg

_IGP0382copy.jpg

beautiful sunrise. I like the first one alot, it really captures that eerie (not sure how to spell that) feeling of an early misty morning. The third one looks great as well. The second one keeps make want to tilt my head. Im not sure if the horizon is slanted or just the way its composed. Nicely exposed and framed though.

Nick

wow, I love the first one! I wish I had some scenery like that around here. The reflection is amazing!

Thanks for the comments. #2 (I believe) is level but the horizon slants.

I found myself walking around in dewey wet grass right before work when taking these. I didnt think about it at the time, my camera was telling me where to go. :lmao:

Lesson learned, bring an extra set of shoes when I do this next time so I dont have to sit in an office with wet socks & shoes all day, ew!

Wow. *Nicely* done.

I was opening this going "Oh god, more completely dull and uninteresting sunrise/sunset shots", and was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for showing me it is possible to get interesting pics with this.

1st and 3rd are very nice... though something about the position of the sun in the third doesn't feel ideal to me. I think I want it more to the left.

In the first one, I feel like capturing the picnic table was bonzo, but somehow I think because it is so small and not enough the subject of the shot that it actually becomes a bit of a distraction. I think I would crop or clone it out for this shot and try to get another shot where it is more obviously the subject (along with the reflection, which is cool).

Still, both are fantastic... these are just my suggestions for how I might try to push it even more.

You know, looking again at that first one... that tree reflection is wicked also. I bet a portrait shot where you get more of that tree (line it up on the right third of the frame somehow) would be REALLY cool.

Sorry... last one. :lol: Maybe move to the left as well... turning the lens to the right... keep the angled part on the left in frame, but reduce it a bit.

Also maybe move the horizon up or down a bit in the shot, just to keep it out of dead center- pick whatever is more interesting- the sky or the water (I think the water as it also reflects the sky) and take up more of that than the other. Not necessarily by a ton, but some.

I think there's a lot of additional potential in that area. Go shoot there lots and post some more pics! I wanna seeeee!!! :)

Very cool pictures :p, i would have to agree with a few people that the first picture looks amazing, really cool reflections.

You know, looking again at that first one... that tree reflection is wicked also. I bet a portrait shot where you get more of that tree (line it up on the right third of the frame somehow) would be REALLY cool.

Do you mean like this one?
_IGP0323copy.jpg

^^^ ya ya ya... cool!

And you got a teeeeeny moon in there too. Now you just need to figure out how to make the moon huge. :)

You should cheat and do a second exposure zoomed in on the moon and merge the two.

Ok, here's where you need to completely ignore me... I've gone way off the deep end. :lol:

Funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing. Love the moon in there, wish it were bigger. I'll venture that PP feat some other day.

Oh and I have to tell you, when you said you've gone off the deep end, I kept looking at your avator saying "yup!" LOL:lol:

Most reactions

Back