sunrise shots.

Corvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i took some photos this morning, around 615 am at the beach. I used my 77-300mm lens from the boardwalk. didnt use a tripod. i noticed some are out of focus which has become my downfall because i always use MFocus. the glare from the sun made it somewhat hard to get the surfers in forcus. im working on it, but some CC would be much appreciated.

Sunrise7.jpg

sunrise5.jpg

sunrise4.jpg

sunrise2.jpg

sunrise6.jpg

Sunrise3.jpg

I like #5, maybe brighten up the sun a bit to make it more noticable, could do without the borders though, and the horizon is off in pretty much all of them. These make me want to go skim boarding :) love the beach in the morning, where are these from?

I won't critique individual shots, but allow me to make some general observations.

-A tripod is nearly essential. If you came out here to shoot sunrises, you really should have had one. There may be enough light, but sharpness is key.

-I always use MF on these types of shots. Don't try to pick a subject and focus on that. Try for the hyperfocal distance. You can google it, or search the forums here. Hyperfocal distance has been described and mentioned 100's of times here.

-Watch your horizon. It needs to be level. Most of these shots, the horizon is tilted.

-You did this on most of them, but make sure the eye has some interesting things to look at. You want foreground, middle ground and background interest. If you're missing just one of these elements, most (not all!)shots like this become uninteresting.

Having said that, I like 2 and 3 the best.

awesome. thanks alot guys. it was beautiful out there this morning. I live in Virginia Beach, VA. if ya never been, come sometime.

Subjects too close to the edge in #s 1-4.

i love this forum. its really helping me learn. Thanks again and keep it coming.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back