Sunrise...Sunset

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First post with pics taken with my new lens...Nikkor 12-24mm.

#1 - Foggy Sunrise this morning.

Sunrise.jpg

#2 - Sunset a couple days ago.

godrays.jpg

I'm still trying to work out how to get more detail in the foreground and the sky colors at the same time. Comments welcome.

I am a sucker for nice fog shots, and that first one is lovely, with the tree barely visible and the subtle colours in the sky.

In the first one, can you remove that orange bit from the right side and see how it looks? I suspect you'll get a much moodier piece with that gone. :)

Marian

In the first one, can you remove that orange bit from the right side and see how it looks? I suspect you'll get a much moodier piece with that gone. :)

Marian

Well, the orange bit was the sun rising, but since you asked, here's one a few minutes earlier.
Sunrise1.jpg

Yeah they look really distorted. I think it's likely that they lost quality while you uploaded them to the internet.

Particularly the sunrise photos are really nice, but they have been seriously butchered by Photobucket, I'm afraid, since they were too large a file to upload. Photobucket let you upload them, but them wreaked havoc with them. They were saved at 12 - maximum, with a resolution of 100px, but I fear you must save at only 10 or 9 so Photobucket will leave your photos alone...

The first one with that tree is wonderful.
Very interesting lighting, and pleasant composition.

Dani.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Yeah...I was beside myself when I saw how they looked in this post. They really are wonderful looking on my monitor.

LaFoto, I will make note of your advice for uploading to Photobucket.

i still think the first one is best, it's awesom with the sun cropped out:)

Sunrise.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back