Sunrise, Tybee Island, Georgia

pixeldawg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this a while back. My wife and kids and I ended up at Tybee Island as a stopping point while traveling and I went out early to catch the sunrise and shore life. Hope you enjoy!

Wow. This is GOOD!
What nicely muted light the sun gave you! It almost looks like it is a different sun, super-imposed. Be glad about the amount of haze there was! Else that high up it might already have been far too bright for you to still capture it.

I live near here sir, this is amazing. I love the island too, great terrain for pictures :)

Very nice shot. Good timing and composition. Very peaceful, too. I also like how there is no land in the shot.

Wow, that's stunning! You must have grinned ear to ear when you saw that one download onto your screen.

Thanks one and all! Yes, I feel like there was a lot of luck in capturing this image- particularly those things that I have no control over, like where the birds were in the frame and how they were composed. This is looking out over the Atlantic Ocean too, so there's land, but it's about 5000 miles away. :)

Great timing! What a nice shot, but the sun is insane! It looks like an orb just hanging out that you could probably just reach out and grab. Love the sharpness and definition on all the edges.

Here's another one that I shot only a few minutes previous to the first shot here. Tybee Island is known for its' light house. The Light House and sky are natural, but the defraction and flair were added in using Knoll Light Factory (I think this is what it's called. A pretty expensive plug-in for Photoshop, but if you want to do some really amazing effects with lens flair, it's the one to have. To say the least, it was a productive morning for me.

Most reactions

Back