Sunrises and sunsets, taken from out the windsheild of a moving vehicle

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a recent trip back to my hometown of Vernon for Christmas. These are from various points on the Coquihalla Highway. I shot them from out of the window of the car while it was moving. I only had Christmas Eve to boxing day off, and the trip is 260 miles. So unfortunately I didn't have time to get out and use the tripod, as we wanted to make good time so we could spend it with family instead of me farting around with the camera (although if the wife wasn't in the car it may have been a different story :oops::lol::eek:). So the ISO is up to compensate for the faster shutter. There may be some dust spots, but that would be through the windshield rather then the lens (most likely) I think they turned out ok considering.

#1 Sunrise on the way there

4221253949_1ce6ec08cf_o.jpg

#2 S.R.
4222014286_3da4f11153_o.jpg

#3 S.R.
4222013710_45af23b47c_o.jpg

#4 Sunset on the way back
4222014632_b1229306c7_o.jpg

#5 S.S.
4222013986_0715bc8877_o.jpg

C&C good or bad, always welcomed.

Wow, great skies. I never would have guessed that they were taking from a moving car.

One of my own favorite shots, is one that I got from the back seat of a car while driving by Muncho Lake (Northern B.C., on my way to Juneau, Alaska.)

Thanks :) I didn't plan on taking pictures out the window. But we were on the road before sunrise, and when the sun started coming up, we were both amazed. So I got out the camera, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I think we were doing about 110km/hr or 70mph. Thank goodness for IS. It's probably a good thing she was in the car, because if I was alone, the trip might have taken 12 hours :lol:

Most reactions

Back