sunset apartment

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
I like the colour of the sky i captured but I'm really unsure about the composition - probably because i shot it with a 15mm fisheye on a digital body so it's the not the full fish eye effect.

Also, do you think the dark bottom half of the picture is a good contrast or bad one?

thanks

Nikon D70s
Sigma 15mm
F/2.8 @ 1/800
200 ISO
white balance

apartment_sunset.jpg

I think that the bottom part is easy to fix in ps. Yes it is too dark and some parts are not visible. Did you try shooting RAW or stiching 2 identical images but taken with diffeent exposures? That might be a good idea when shooting straight into the source of light.
And about composition. I think it might look way better if you had followed the rule of thirds and placed the buildings in 1/3th of the pictures height. You can do this now by cropping alost all the street that is below the buildings. My 2cents

if you didnt bracket the shot and do like mentos suggested, there still might be a fix. Create a new layer that is just the buildings and foreground. then adjust just that layer. Might be tricky getting the light to blend between the two but would help the photo out.

Either that or get a spilit ND filter and use that next time.

Most reactions

Back