Sunset at Bass Lake

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well after the sun set !! The 'skeeters were killin me, or I would have stayed longer....

3933417088_9c8ab81ab9_o.jpg

Not bad!

Problem for me is that there really is no distinct subject. Especially with the treeline getting larger from left to right, it almost looks like you didn't center the shot properly. Also, there's way too much underexposed area to the right of the picture. It would have been better to crop that entire portion out and maybe concentrate on photographing to the left of this particular angle.

I dig the colours though, very nice sky. Exposed decently too!

I find this photograph to be very pleasing. it's artistic ,so that makes it subjective to individual taste,so that being said,I would have broken the ROT.there is more detail in the water part and the top part of the shot is waisted space. a horizon line at the center of the frame"for me" makes it a print someone would buy.just my 0.02

I find this photograph to be very pleasing. it's artistic ,so that makes it subjective to individual taste,so that being said,I would have broken the ROT.there is more detail in the water part and the top part of the shot is waisted space. a horizon line at the center of the frame"for me" makes it a print someone would buy.just my 0.02

Appreciate the comments.... I actually tried less sky, but - I would have caught the dock just below the pic.. tried the shot with the dock in the bottom of the shot, and it just didn't work... tried lightening the dock so you can tell what it was, and it messed up the composition.. I agree about the wasted space in the sky, but I was going for the color, and reflection - I like the shot, but as you said, it really is subjective.. :mrgreen:

I really like the color in this shot! And I like the tree line how it sorta wrap's around the frame. But I would've taken out the power lines in PP.

I really like the color in this shot! And I like the tree line how it sorta wrap's around the frame. But I would've taken out the power lines in PP.

Geeeeze - didn't even see'm !!! Gettin' old's a bit*h !!

tks,

r

i lke it. not sure why lol. maybe because its simple.

Most reactions

Back