Sunset C&C Pls

Einstein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the feeling the chair/dock in the foreground provide. Maybe I should put a corona on the arm rest:lol:

What i don't like is the back of the chair/dock is underexposed. I have done some PP but am new to it. Is there a way in gimp where i could lighten the chair to bring out more detail whilst keeping the sky/ocean as is or do you think its fine? Also does it look grainy or soft? Any tips or pp ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

4293985001_62a987584d_b.jpg

Thanks srina! anyone else out there? I really hope to take allot of sunset/sunrise shots this summer and could use some exposure tips... especially when trying to incorporate foreground objects.

On this shot, you could have used a flash. Not sure why you need to see the details of the chair though. ;)

Lighting looks fine as it is. Maybe a bit too blue, but I guess it works.

Last edited:
you could go the HDR Route, or use a diffused flash

I'm a newbie but I think in Photoshop there is a tool you can use to add exposure using a brush. Since it was underexposed to begin with it might not work well since it'd just be making it more white... HDR would be good though if you have another one that is more exposed.

Awesome shot though! Personally I like how the chair is more of a silhouette.

Hi there- very pretty scene. Your white balance is way on the cool end- intentional? That's part of why you are losing your detail in the chair.

4293985001_62a987584d_bcopy.jpg

The color balance bothers me, along with what the chair is sitting on, as I am unsure of what it is... a dock, beach, boat?. The lack of detail in the chair doesn't bother me however. It's a great scene.

On this shot, you could have used a flash. Not sure why you need to see the details of the chair though. ;-)

Lighting looks fine as it is. Maybe a bit too blue, but I guess it works.

HDR would be good though if you have another one that is more exposed.

Awesome shot though! Personally I like how the chair is more of a silhouette.

Thanks! Your both right, now you mention it i actually like the chair being in sillhouette but i think its the overall underexposure or oversaturation? of the water that bothers me. I looked up HDR and this will be the perfect shot for my first stab at it. I took 5 shots at various exposure on this one (i am new to manual and experimentg)

Hi there- very pretty scene. Your white balance is way on the cool end- intentional? That's part of why you are losing your detail in the chair.

More usefull feedback thank you! No it was not intentional, i think i had my WB set to tungsten from shooting inside and forgott to change it :meh:. Would this make it 'cool'? I like your edit what did you do? I presume you changed the WB? What software are you using?

The color balance bothers me, along with what the chair is sitting on, as I am unsure of what it is... a dock, beach, boat?. The lack of detail in the chair doesn't bother me however. It's a great scene.

Again i think i had the wb in my eos on tungsten... DOH! next time will have it on auto. It is on sort of a look out patio above a dock so its raised 20 ft or so off the water, i could see how this would be confusing at a glance. Thanks for the input!

I will give the HDR a shot over the weekend and re post. Looking at some sunset shots on here i know i have a long way to go....

Most reactions

Back