Sunset CC Please

mammarazzi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were taken while at home over Christmas at Bougue Sound in NC. I really want cc on my black and white conversion. They usually come out muddy. Thanks in advance guys.

dock2web.jpg

sunset1web.jpg

dockbandwweb.jpg

Comp wise I think the Bw is the best.

I really like the sunset one, though you need to straighten the horizon slightly, and I feel it may work better as a landscape orientation with a lot of the water at the bottom cropped out.

I really like the sunset one, though you need to straighten the horizon slightly, and I feel it may work better as a landscape orientation with a lot of the water at the bottom cropped out.

I think the dock in the foreground is throwing you off a bit... the horizon is of maybe 0.3 degrees, but the angle at which that dock is going away from the frame give the illusion of a tilted horizon.

#2 and #3, for sure. #1 is kinda plain. 2 has much more visual appeal (I like it in its current orientation), and 3 is drawing me into the picture.

I think the dock in the foreground is throwing you off a bit... the horizon is of maybe 0.3 degrees, but the angle at which that dock is going away from the frame give the illusion of a tilted horizon.

#2 and #3, for sure. #1 is kinda plain. 2 has much more visual appeal (I like it in its current orientation), and 3 is drawing me into the picture.

the horizon is definitely tilted - try scrolling the page so the horizon is almost level with the top and you will see. Sure it is not much, maybe only 0.5 degrees or so, but you'd be surprised at the difference it can make sometimes.

Also (and sorry to OP for going off-topic here) - I find it odd that you have the same surname as me (lloyd) and first initial (c), and you also list your hobbies as photography and mountain biking which are my two main interests. Weird. What does the 'c' stand for?

Most reactions

Back