Sunset + Durdle Door

flyingseale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess everyone has to have a sunset and if you visit Dorset you have to take a trip to Lulworth and Durdle Door...so I've killed two birds with one stone and got the door with sunset in one shot.

i really like the composition and colours, almost like a drawing ... again a bit soft though.

And I think I have seen Durdle Door on so many images, it is very popular among tourists ;) (of course in a less artsy style then)

I did remember to sharpen this time. Too much and the white pebbles on the beach began to look out of place. I used the unsharp mask (only one I know how to use). Perhaps I need to learn other sharpening techniques?

I did remember to sharpen this time. Too much and the white pebbles on the beach began to look out of place. I used the unsharp mask (only one I know how to use). Perhaps I need to learn other sharpening techniques?

well, you can also select areas and then only sharpen them.

I know this looks a bit plastic, since I did this in a hurry:

beach2.jpg

I only sharpened the pebbles a bit, where as the rest of the image got the full dose ... the door itself got even an extra dose ;)

Like Alex said, nice composition and colours. The whispy clouds are lovely, and I like the curves created by the lapping water. A very pleasing image.

Yes, i LIke it too. It looks like an HDR.

I know this looks a bit plastic, since I did this in a hurry:
Nice edit. I really must sit down one rainy day and play with photoshop!
Sw1tchFX and ShootsHoops, it is an HDR. I think it would be impossible to get any detail in the right hand cliffs or the door itself unless I had a durdle door shaped ND grad filter...now there's an idea :wink:

Mike

very nice but are you aware there is an unwritten rule on this forum that says you have to post a bad photo from time to time so the rest of us feel human ;-) :lol:

very nice but are you aware there is an unwritten rule on this forum that says you have to post a bad photo from time to time so the rest of us feel human ;-) :lol:

A rule which I fulfill way to often :)

I'll see what I can do.
simonkit said:
agree it looks a little soft
I'll have a little play with photoshop to see if I can learn the selective sharpening skills necessary so that I can achieve the look Alex_B has given it.

Mike

Most reactions

Back