Sunset in Colorado

phototard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like warm sunset photos, but I don't know if I'm going too dark trying to get the warmer feel. Any thoughts on these two being too dark?

SunsetDowdy.jpg

WayneKayak.jpg

I like the feeling of DUSK that goes with both of these, for when the sun HAS set behind the horizon, the IS a lot less light there, and these photos convey that very fact.

In the second, though, I think "Oh, if only that boat had been still a little closer, filling that part where there now is only water." The way it is now, it competes quite a bit with the rocks. They all seem to be in the same "plane" now...

Any reason for the ultra fast shutter speed on the first? (1/4000) It looks great but Im not a fan of the silhouette look it gives personally.

Any reason for the ultra fast shutter speed on the first? (1/4000) It looks great but Im not a fan of the silhouette look it gives personally.

Only because I like them to feel warmer, and that's how I've gotten it to work like that, is there another method to get them warm with a slower shutter speed?

And thanks for the compliments and help guys! I agree I wish the kayak (my brother) was a little closer now that I look at it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back