Sunset over the River Thames

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I have a bit of an on going mini project with myself at the moment to capture some decent sunsets. Not an easy thing to do in London during the winter as its usually really grey and dull!

Yesertday looked to be a clear sky so I headed up to Richmond Hill in surrey. This was the best picture of the shoot as there was a lot of pollution on the horizon and as the sun got lower it started to get hidden by it. I should have moved down the hill a little so the trees in the distance were more in line with me rather than below me. Still, I know for next time :)

richmond_hill.jpg

Nikon D200 with Sigma 100-300 EX

superb shot...your efforts have paid off here. Great colour, I like :thumbup:

I think the fact that you make us viewers stare right into the sun from your vantage point that you chose has some great impact. I do like the photo for the fact that the sun really is the focus here. The cloud veils around it only enhance the effect.
And so does the reflection in the water. I really like it the way it is!

i love the city scape, it adds so much to the sunset... especially the steeple/spire... :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! :)

JonK, no thats not pollution thankfully. You should see the effects of it as the sun went down close to the horizon though - it really was bad!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back