Tighearnach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

Below is a pic a processed a bit through Elements 7. Levels and Colour saturation really.

First pic is original
Second pic is processed version
Third is another pic with similar treatment.
I am just interested in peoples opinions. Does the original look better or the processed version?

Thanks as always
T

4277429318_72f9b1bcea_b.jpg

4269738757_c9d622c1b7_o.jpg

4270483118_afc0ee5121_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4270483118_afc0ee5121_o.jpg

Last edited:
I think you went a bit too far on the processing in #2, almost to the point where I prefer the original. I like that you can see the outline of the tree clearly in #1 whereas its a struggle in #2. With a bit more playing you should be able to bring out the colours in the sky without darkening the rest of the shot too much.

Thanks for the comments. So whats the best approach for sunset shots like this. Do you need to seperate the sky and foreground and do seperate levels, colour work on each?

Thanks for the comments. So whats the best approach for sunset shots like this. Do you need to seperate the sky and foreground and do seperate levels, colour work on each?

You could either use a GND or what I do is shoot two different exposures, one for the shadows and one for the highlights and blend them using Layer Mask in CS2. I posted a short 'tutorial' here. If you read this, go to the second page too.

Thanks for linking the tutorial. Any others care to comment?

Most reactions

Back