Sunset shots

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these with my P&S at Lake Ontelaunee in Pennsylvania on Tuesday evening. The sky had been beautiful all day and it got even better at sunset. C&C welcome and appreciated. I aplogize for the size - I sized them for photo bucket limits, forgetting that the size here is smaller.

PA120033copy.jpg

PA120035copy.jpg

PA120028copy.jpg

PA120027copy.jpg

PA120024copy.jpg

PA120013copy.jpg

PA120023copy.jpg

PA120034copy.jpg

not trying to be rude, but wheres the sun?

Sorry - guess I should have said after sunset shots.

Well, I will repeat what I was told a long time ago when I took some twilight shots like this and had them professionally judged in a show.

"The sky and the lake make a great background for a shot, but a strong visual centre of interest is needed to draw th eye of the viewer like for example a sailboat, canoe etc. on the lake or a fisherman casting from shore, even a red boathouse."

skieur

Well then they're not too bad. But I agree with skieur, you should have some kind of subject in the photo. I also noticed some noise in your photos, what ISO level was used?

Well, I'll agree that a point of interest would have been nice, but in this situation there was none and I wasn't going to let the beautiful sky go to waste so I took the shots for what they were.

I noticed the noise as the photos opened here. In photo shop I honestly didn't see it. As for ISO, my P&S is old, and has no ISO or other adjusments and also has only 2 mega pixels - strictly point & shoot.

No ISO adjustments and only 2 megapixels? Yikes.

Yeah you can definitely tell that there is a lack of quality, as expected. They're still great captures, however.

Thanks RKW3. The view from the bridge that evening was just so gorgeous I couldn't walk away without shooting something.

Yikes is right, I recently realized most cell phones have a higher mp than my camera. I'm hoping to get a better one soon or at least be able to return to using my film SLR.

Thanks again for the comments.

Most reactions

Back