Sunset through lifeguard tower

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I'll be the first to post one of my photos and hopefully get this forum off on the right foot. I am definitely no where near being a pro, and I think I still need a lot of work to start getting higher quality shots, but this is still one of my favorites.

Please let me know what you think...

lifeguardtower.JPG

I like the effect of the sun shining through the tower, nicely done.

It would be nice if the quality of the scan was a bit better, that may improve on the colors a little as well.

Overall though, nice shot.

Nice shot. I'm guessing the original is a bit sharper because of the artifacts around the text.

Question- did the star just happen or did you use a filter?

Jim

The star pattern was a result of me deliberately setting the f-stop as high as possible. The higher the f-stop, the more "points" on the star...or so I am told. Haven't had a chance to try it too many times, but it was definitely shot without any filters.

I am going to have to try to find the negative and run it through my slide scanner one of these days, the scan above was done on a real cheap flatbed scanner.

Thanks for the comments :D

Slide scanner [insert drool here]. I'll have to settle for the slide copy attachment I bought last night for the 4500.

Looking forward to what that shot looks like with a decent scan. ;)

I hate this picture!

Great photo indeed but it makes me want to go surfing ... and it will be awhile before I get back to Southern Cal. I'll have to settle with a summer of wakeboarding.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back