Peter K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Pentax K20D and Sigma 10-20mm

Greetings, Peter.

5plzyx.jpg

t9egde.jpg

I really like your second shot.

How do you like that lens? I'm thinking about getting the same one.

That is ONE pretty sandcastle!
And yes, hey, the sunsets were wonderful, too.
And you captured them really well! Double sun, one in the sky, one on the water in 2.

That top shot is sweet. Love the way the path leads me into the pic but Im still drawn to the off-center (nice!) Sun. Even caught the token seagulls. :thumbup:

Not bad at all, nice sunset. Both shots seem slightly underexposed to me, not only the foreground but the sky as well. Obviously a brighter exposure would leave some of the area around the sun burnt out, but maybe this is preferable. I would also tone down the vignette in the 1st one, as it only adds to the impression of under-exposure.

Both are nice shots, prefer the 2nd one to the first.

Beautiful! I don't like the vignette in the first one, though; it conflicts with the sun.

These are HDR-shots, 5 pics 1 EV difference. Postprocessing with Photomatix Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Made the pics in Belgium, coastline near the port of Sea-Bruges.

@Zhieson: the Sigma 10-20mm is a great lens. Actually my favo lens. :thumbup:

Hi Peter,

Nice to see another Pentax shooter ;). I really like the both of these, nice composition and nice interesting skies to go with the colours.

Aren't the Sigma lenses nice w/ the Pentax system? The 28mm I have is just a joy to use, colours so rich I drool lol.

One dig... #1 The sun itself looks just a bit too hot. Maybe run a burn on it just for some toning down. Other than that, these both are great shots. Nice work.

Most reactions

Back