sunset

dispic1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my pop took this and wouold like to hear what you think.
ta.

IMG_0067.jpg

I think the colors are great, but the top op the tree is missing!! Also, it appears that it was shot at too high of an ISO and it has lots of noise. I bet this pic could look good with a long exposure shot at around the same time of day.

Is "pop" dad or grandpa?

Just a question ...

Other than that ... we usually don't want our members to post photos that were taken by people outside our forum. I let it pass with coastietech's wife's pics ... and OK, I might let it pass with your "pop"'s pic, but usually we don't want this to happen.

Well, to tell you the truth: this photo does sport a wonderfully coloured sky but does not carry the signs of being a good photo. No offence to your pop. He made you ask for opinions, and my opinion is that he saw this lovely sunset sky, pointed his camera ... and shot. Snap.

The camera - supposedly set to automatic - realised it was already quite dark, so best go for the highest ISO settings and a longer exposure than the average person can hold still without support. Therefore I see a lot of noise (high ISO) and camera shake (too long exposure for being handheld).

And I see cropped off tree tops (not too well planend composition).

BUT: the sky still is MAGNIFICENT!!!

thanks lafoto, i didnt know ii couldnt post for my dad, but he has registered now and when i have given him instructions on what to do he will be posting away on his own.

thanks for the comments though.

Most reactions

Back