sunsets, and other pics

Ryan.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF0123-1.jpg

View of the George Washington bridge from the Throgs Neck bridge...or other way around i forget.

DSCF0223-1.jpg

stairway at night

DSCF0267-1.jpg

dock on the bay

DSCF0268.jpg

the bay at lowtide

DSCF0275-1.jpg

boat in lowtide

DSCF0380.jpg

sunset on the bay

DSCF0474-1.jpg

sun through clouds

Immediate thoughts:
The sky in the first photo could do with some PS work, there's more there than meets the eye right now.

That staircase down into the unknown could as well go into the Darkside Gallery, it has an eerie feeling to it ... if you can go back there, bring a friend, arrange for a long enough exposure, and let that friend stay a the bottom of the stairs for only half of your exposure, and duck away for the rest so he will only show as a "ghost". Whoa! That could come out well :D.

# 3 isn't exposed right.
The background is too bright.
Though I don't know how to do it myself, I feel that tough lighting conditions such as these ask for HDR (high dynamic range) photos where you take different exposures of the deck, the water and the sky (never moving the camera, though) and blend them in PS later. But hey, I don't know if that WOULD have worked for #3?

I'm not too fond of your composition of #4 (too centred horizon, too much sky which does not add a thing to the photo). But I really like it - and even the glare and light burst on the boat - in your Photo 4!

Photo 5 is best, and I don't care for the blurred chainlink fence in the last.

Most reactions

Back