sunsets, and other pics

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Ryan., Jan 10, 2007.

1. Ryan.

Ryan. TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

View of the George Washington bridge from the Throgs Neck bridge...or other way around i forget.

[​IMG]

stairway at night

[​IMG]

dock on the bay

[​IMG]

the bay at lowtide

[​IMG]

boat in lowtide

[​IMG]

sunset on the bay

[​IMG]

sun through clouds

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Immediate thoughts:
    The sky in the first photo could do with some PS work, there's more there than meets the eye right now.

That staircase down into the unknown could as well go into the Darkside Gallery, it has an eerie feeling to it ... if you can go back there, bring a friend, arrange for a long enough exposure, and let that friend stay a the bottom of the stairs for only half of your exposure, and duck away for the rest so he will only show as a "ghost". Whoa! That could come out well :D.

# 3 isn't exposed right.
    The background is too bright.
    Though I don't know how to do it myself, I feel that tough lighting conditions such as these ask for HDR (high dynamic range) photos where you take different exposures of the deck, the water and the sky (never moving the camera, though) and blend them in PS later. But hey, I don't know if that WOULD have worked for #3?

I'm not too fond of your composition of #4 (too centred horizon, too much sky which does not add a thing to the photo). But I really like it - and even the glare and light burst on the boat - in your Photo 4!

Photo 5 is best, and I don't care for the blurred chainlink fence in the last.