SUNSETS and SUNRISES!!!

Sunrises and sunsets were on my high school art teachers list of forbidden subject matter :p

She had a HUGE vendetta against cliche art subject matter :lol:

Actually, I understand your teacher's point of view. She wanted folks to stretch their limits and really think. Although, sunrises and sunsets became a cliché because they are beautiful, and we all love them so. :)

Subjects are not cliche, approaches are. Some subjects are much more difficult to take without being cliche (as illustrated in the majority, here though not all), there is no such thing as a "forbidden subject" provided it is done well.

View attachment 6884 $Avalon Pier Sunrise.jpg$DustFixTest.jpg

Subjects are not cliche, approaches are. Some subjects are much more difficult to take without being cliche (as illustrated in the majority, here though not all), there is no such thing as a "forbidden subject" provided it is done well.

Agreed! I actually used to intentionally paint things off her forbidden subjects list just to a) irritate her a little :lol: and b) to prove they could be done without being cliche! She ended up hanging a few in the halls of my high school :D

Sunset on the lake at Dabie, Szczecin in Poland.

Attachments

• $image-587320238.jpg
    $image-587320238.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 95
Took this this morning

Attachments

• $image-3421171374.jpg
    $image-3421171374.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 90
Here's a shot I got in Maui the other night. I was slow setting up and missed the colours becuase I was in a high ISO setting without realizing.
DSC_1497.jpg

Not a great pic, but clouds were awesome...

2lcsa5x.jpg

Stockton Beach sunrise, near Newcastle AU

1. $1205_stockton_sunrise_7.jpg

2. $1205_stockton_sunrise_12.jpg

3. $1205_stockton_sunrise_25.jpg

4. $1205_stockton_sunrise_48.jpg

#4 I wasn't impressed with at all, I underexposed the rocks so bringing them back made them look crap and I just don't really like it overall but all my friends really seem to like this one... I have to say I do like the pattern in the water but not much else in this photo does it for me. I dunno, what do you think?

Silhouettes at sunset in King Edward Park, Newcastle AU

1. $1205_silhouettes_26.jpg
2. $1205_silhouettes_27.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back