SUPER DUPER COLOR!

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was amazed at how colorful this photo was straight from the camera. I have not edited it yet and was wondering if I even should. I thought the colors were so neat, maybe a bit overbearing, but neat. Advice on where to go next would be awesome! Should I tone it down a bit or should I emphasize whats going on? Thanks a lot folks!

IMG_0894.jpg

Oh yeah, click the bar to view the full sized image. It gets rid of some of the fuzziness that way.:thumbup:

i wouldn't tone it down...

why not mess w/ the colors and see... if you like it out of camera, then stick w that... never hurts to try!

i wouldn't tone it down...

why not mess w/ the colors and see... if you like it out of camera, then stick w that... never hurts to try!

yeah I suppose before digital, the darkroom was as far as editing went. It was more about the photo itself and exposure than "add sharpen mask blah blah blah" haha:lol:

I dont see how the colors are too brilliant. They are nice, but almost everything could use some PP. Worth a shot.

Mark

I dont see how the colors are too brilliant. They are nice, but almost everything could use some PP. Worth a shot.

Mark

yea, i didnt see the wow factor everyone else was getting...

Mark

I think it might be the frisbee, berries, and grass, or rather the contrast, (don't know if that's the right word,) between those colors that was catching my eye in that respect. My computer screen is also ultra bright!lol:lol:

what sort of post processing would you recommend mark, I have CS4 but I am pretty lost beyond hue, saturation, contrast, brightness and stuff like that

I think it might be the frisbee, berries, and grass, or rather the contrast, (don't know if that's the right word,) between those colors that was catching my eye in that respect. My computer screen is also ultra bright!lol:lol:

what sort of post processing would you recommend mark, I have CS4 but I am pretty lost beyond hue, saturation, contrast, brightness and stuff like that
well yes, it is pretty colorful, i guess i just expected more framing, i mean, for a snapshot its great, but again, hoping for some more elements, its well exposed however, its sharp, so again, nothing to fix, i just feel like you could do other things with it, well maybe not, considering it all participates to the picture.

Idk, i guess i was hoping for more

Mark

maybe try toning the luminance of the grass down a bit... some fill light on the berries... hard to say w/out actually doing it...

I am not to fond of the color of the grass and the fact it matches the Frisbee.

It has few colors, and the ones that are there are a bit overpowering and seem a bit unnatural (to me anyways, I'm partial to dark green grass). I would try some PP on it and see what comes of it.

But basically, open in PS. Ctrl U, select yellow, grab a drop of teh top left corner of grass. Drag down the saturation to maybe -37 to take away some of the yellow and leve green. You can play with the saturation a bit to get the color you like. This will probably alter the frisbees color, so if you want it to stay the same you will have to isolate it.
I would then Ctrl L and adjust the levels (not too off)... then run it through Topaz Adjust 3 Photo Pop (or Exposure Correction for a milder touch). Then Topaz Denoise 3 to get some of the noise out, smooth skin, and blur some grass...

Most reactions

Back