super interested but has no knowledge

pinkmoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello all!
i'm a 16 yr old filipino boy who is very interested in photography. i don't know anything about it. i don't have a manual camera. all i have is that "artistic" urge to wind and shoot a contraption that is able to capture and immortalize the raw essence of the world (mushy but true). and frankly, i need your help! i need your help in finding a great camera which i caN ask my relatives in the USA to buy for me. i also need hel in learning the basics. i'm just a high school student so i'm not into attending formal lessons in photography. basically, i want to learn on my own, like a hobbyist. can you help me? please please please!

I have considerable knowledge of old cameras. I repair and use them. I have a web site with a variety of information and phtography related items. A visit there might answer some of your questions. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

easier part of this first, you will have no problem finding people here to help you learn the basics. and after that we'll be here to help you get better and better.

Now as far as a camera goes. I'd suggest a used manual camera. i'm parital to pentax, and the pentax k1000 is THE manual camera and they last forever. You can find one of these on Ebay for between 80-120 dollars. If you want cheaper then i'd say look for some other cameras in the pentax k series (I found a pentax KM for 25 dollars with shipping.) These cameras are all fully manual and some can be found fairly cheaply. if you need any other help just post and we'll help ya out.

p.s. http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/bodies/K/ - is a site that lists the pentax k series cameras and their features[/url]

the easiest way for me to learn is by doing :D

what i did, my hubby gave me one of his old cameras, i used the program mode to see what i was capable of ... i took photos, asked how i could make them "better" ..

after a few months, with the same camera ... i started experimenting with the manual mode (it was a fully manual camera with program features). it was digital, so i took at least 100 photos every 2 days ... but i think the key is, practice.... get the "eye" right, and fine tune the technical :D ... and always break rules, dont be afraid to experiment :lol:

i know this is very very outrageous, but it's worth a try.. can anyone lend me a pentax k1000? or any manual camera? i would really really appreciate it if anyone does. thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back