Super Macro - digital camera

Keta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ketadesign.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been practicing with the digital camera from work - it's an old (probably 5 years) Nikon CoolPix 990 (3.34 megapixels).

Discovered the macro feature recently, trying to get some useful; artsy-type shots. Good? Bad? Ugly??

redrose1d.jpg

redrose4d.jpg

sunnyraz1d.jpg

sunnyraz5d.jpg

Curious about light effects on Raz / raindrops on the roses / other effects that I should have focussed on?
Any comments at all would be appreciated!

I would say your to close to subject. Try getting the camera a bit further away from from the subject. To get a sharper focus
Picture84181.jpg

happens to all of us.
me I get real close and get a out of focus image, looking threw the viewfinder I move back watching the image/subject come into focus. When sharp I then use either the manual focus or auto focus then snap the picture.

Thanks for the advice. But is the second rose not in focus enough??
My intent was to display the water droplets teetering on the brink of dripping off.

Not good?? Anyone else?

That first is a bit soft from not being all in focus, that much is true and you have seen it yourself, haven't you?
But I'd say the second is well in focus and with a bit of levels or curves adjustment in PS and a bit of USM (unsharp mask) you can make that one REALLY pop.

As to the cat close-ups: they do little to nothing to me and the eyes are too eerie in the last for my liking. Though some of the "darksiders" on here might love it for what they could do with it to make that one really "darkside" in aspect. Who knows ;) ???

LaFoto said:
But I'd say the second is well in focus and with a bit of levels or curves adjustment in PS and a bit of USM (unsharp mask) you can make that one REALLY pop.
Ah thanks! I did play with it a little bit (and you're right, the first one there really isn't much to salvage); I'll tinker with it a bit more! *gaining confidence* :lol:

LaFoto said:
As to the cat close-ups: they do little to nothing to me and the eyes are too eerie in the last for my liking. Though some of the "darksiders" on here might love it for what they could do with it to make that one really "darkside" in aspect. Who knows ;) ???
I'm not sure what "darkside" means but I will tell you that - when Raz was younger - there was more than a few times that I got the ominous impression he is possessed by some demon or spirit of times long gone past. I kid you not. Eerie is a very good word for it.
But now he is old (14 yrs) and I have shnuggled and hugged him into submission so he's basically just a big marshmellow! :lmao:

edit - just took a little travel through that sub-forum. I may have just found a comfortable place to rest! oh my.

Most reactions

Back