Super Macro Tutorial

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Since Corry was asking for this for so long, I made a video for how to make a super macro with your camera and a SLR lens. If you haven't already seen, these take near microscopic pictures of everyday things.

Like everyday table salt.
salt.jpg

Anyway, here's the tutorial.

Will that method work with ANY SLR??? I have an old Canon AE-1 Program. And what exactly is a skylight filter? And how much do they run?

It works on every camera as long as you have enough zoom to get through the reversed lens. I use the skylight because it only cost 5 bucks. You can get a coupler that has male threads on both sides so you don't have to use tape but they cost a bit more.

Canon AE-1 Program...but I might have it figured out sorta...not a good solution, but I think it will work. I did what Garbz said in your guessing game thread in Themes...it seems to work, and I'm already addicted!

I don't really understand still what is required for this technique. On a standard film camera, (I have a Canon Rebel Ti), approximately what length lens is required to zoom through the second lens, and what length lens should the second lens be? Do either lenses have to be prime, and what do both lenses have to have their focusing rings set to? Also, does the second lens have to be designed for your camera? I only own one lens, but my school has several that are FD mounts, and I wonder if they could work in front of my EF mount lens. I appreciate any replies.

Oh, also, will my light meter work through the second lens? And what appeture should I set the reversed lens to? And what should happen if the second lens is electronic, and it has to be attached to a camera to alter the apperture?

I know I asked a lot of questions, but I would appreciate any responses.

Most reactions

Back