Superman in Springfield

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few unedited shots from the WOW Sprint car race at Springfield Raceway in Springfield MO. This is also known as Airport Speedway, the one DRoberts recently posted photos from.

Weapon of choice: 40D @3200 ISO w/ 85mm f/1.8 & no flash. Usually, the drivers don't get too excited about a win, so at this time I am swapping cameras to my 2nd camera w/ 17-55 f/2.8 IS for the victory lane shots (driver standing by car with trophy). This victor, Austin Alumbaugh, quickly crawled on top of his car to celebrate.

Honestly, I was quite impressed with myself here. In a split second, I whipped out my 40D w/ 85, flipped settings, and framed these shots and more...capturing the moment that lasted only seconds. It's just neat being able to finally know my cameras well enough that I can act fast, and hit buttons without having to think. Capturing the two first shots below has already made more $ than a full day's work. Just goes to show how important it is to know your camera. Anyway, I was pretty thrilled about it :).

309596480_q8ovz-M.jpg

309597097_EPL9t-M.jpg

309594886_z75zp-M.jpg

309594303_vnmLJ-M.jpg

Nice work. I like ho natural the light is at night without a flash.

Very nice shots Keith. Especially like the first one. I was looking forward to shooting the sprints, but had to leave early due to a family situation.

Most reactions

Back