voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were shot with my Yashicamat. On Provia 100F film.

Obviously, I'm looking up at the Saguaro. I was able to rest the polarizing filter over the taking lens.

superstition01.jpg

looks like a few birds made this Saguaro their home.

superstition02.jpg

wish I would have had a polarizing filter on this shot.

superstition03.jpg

I had to crop this one because there was a staple hole through the top of the image.

superstition04.jpg

Seriously Voo... I want to go on a photo trip with you some time.... Wow they are beautiful :!:

Digital Matt said:
Great photos, but they seem a bit dark overall.
Might be your monitor. I'm calibrated and actually a bit on the dark side. These slides are a bit low key though too.

Can't believe we missed out on that weather while we where there a couple weeks ago (50-60F and rainy). That's the Arizona I remeber. Thanks for the little reminder, as I look out side at the snow falling!

-Brett :)

voo,

On the last 2, I love the composition (excellent foreground and background) and the lighting is choice but still a bit dark for me. I really wish i could make out the details of the fallen log more :(

Digital Matt wrote:

Might be your monitor. I'm calibrated and actually a bit on the dark side. These slides are a bit low key though too.

Hrmm, i've notice that your last set was a bit on the dark side too. Since you are in the desert, do you underexpose your shots too? Just curious.

vonnagy said:
voo,

On the last 2, I love the composition (excellent foreground and background) and the lighting is choice but still a bit dark for me. I really wish i could make out the details of the fallen log more :(

Digital Matt wrote:

Hrmm, i've notice that your last set was a bit on the dark side too. Since you are in the desert, do you underexpose your shots too? Just curious.
The last set was definately underexposed. And that was on a better scanner. Unfortunately the tonal range on this scanner isn't that great. When I adjust the scans to a suitable contrast I tend to lose shadow detail.

Nice pictures voo. I like the last one the best. Although I didn't get to see the original, I like it the way it is. There's a very nice warm tone. It works very well for the picture, in my opinion.

Holy Moly, those are stupendous. I love the deep, saturated colors, the use of light and shadow and the depth of the pictures. It reminded me strongly of when I lived in Sedona one spring a long time ago.

ooo, I nearly missed these!! Now that would have been terrible....

Let's see...

#1) Good composition, sit down all the way next time, I'd like to see that angle....so glad you had the polarizer for it, the colors are spot on!!

#2) I love it...it's AZ...my only nitpick is cutting off the tops of the cacti... :cry: I want it there to complete the image for me....

#3) You've already pointed out what I would have said, that the sky is washed and you're missing the p-filter here....that aside, what makes up for a lot of that is that stunning blue tone in the foreground on the log...awesome!!! :D

#4) ...a staple hole?? :scratch: What's up with that? Anyway, since I can't see what you had to crop, I can't say that anything's missing. Rich gorgeous tones....that slide film did you proud, didn't it?? Fuji is the shizit.

Great batch, my friend. :D

I could but the staple really messes with the gradient blue. It would take quite a bit of work so I decided to crop.

Most reactions

Back