Sure are some lucky people 'round here...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Armstror, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Armstror

Armstror TPF Noob!

Man...I feel so down. Everyone gets to go see such great places! All those brilliant sunset beaches...Arcitecture...Geez, you guys aure are lucky to be able to get out there and shoot those things. I just can't wait until i'm able to do that myself... I'll be moving to New York soon so I'll probably start out there. :) But i was wondering though...What was your favorite place to shoot? And why?

2. ThatCameraThingy

ThatCameraThingy TPF Noob!

SOUTH AFRICA !!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

anywhere in SA. I Live in such a beautiful country. But then again I'm biased. Never had the opportunity to travel abroad and see the marvelous places this planet has to offer.

Hanno:thumbup:

3. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

The Alps, by far, was my favorite place to shoot. It's just awe inspiring to be around those wonderful mountains. Can't wait until we take our family trip there...whenever that may be. :D

4. Lensmeister

Lensmeister TPF Noob!

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow what is my favourite place ... well no one place .. but a couple....

Whitby ....... my place I get football, sea, countryside, sunsets, and so much more.

San Diego ....... Sun, sea, and I can do so many things and get so many diffrent views.

Israel ........ Many historic places and sights.

Austria ... Mountains, lakes and much more.

5. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I could never choose a favorite! Each place is so unique and differenteven my own back yard :) After traveling throughout various parts of the world, I've decided I like them all :) Don't take what is right around you for granted ;) You'll miss it one day....

6. Armstror

Armstror TPF Noob!

Oh i know i'll miss it. I've been trying to capture the culture or whatever of my hometown but i don't know where to start. My school sure has some interesting people though. I'll miss it. But i think places like Japan, New Zealand, Australia and even New York can make up for that. (Probably won't get to those places in a long time :lol: ) There's just so much more to see out there!

7. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

i'm kinda with Amanda on this. i generally end up with something interesting everywhere i go...having no particular 'fav' place.

8. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love shooting anywhere. New Orleans, mountains, downtowns, deserts. prairies oceans, streams...ya, pretty much anything on the face of the earth. It can all be photographed creatively

Eric

9. zedin

zedin TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Well places like Japan tend to have a more rich cultural history to photograph since they have been around a lot longer then us North American cultures. But really just stop and walk around slowly and stuff will jump out at you. I tend to focus on nature stuff and thought it was sucky to live in Southern California where it is so developed (and I am not a desert person) but there are still lots of places to find great shots even just around your neighborhood. (just have to get over the wierd looks folks give you squating down with your tripod on a sidewalk or grocery store parking lot =p)

10. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

Haha, Zedin, I know how you feel, yesterday I was in my front yard shooting some flowers with my big camera and people were like 'what the heck is he doing?' I live in Yorba Linda, where are you at? Finally someone here by me =p.

Edit: Oh yeah, my favorite place was probally Costa Rica.

11. zedin

zedin TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Man.. I love Costa Rica.. was down there for 5 weeks with school in undergrad. 2 weeks going everywhere and then 3 in the cloud forests. Planning on going back next summer. My sight isn't the best focus-wise so a lot of my shots with my manual came back a bit fuzzy =( I did get to see a queztel fledge though which rocked..

As for where I live.. *glances at location tag in name* Irvine =p

12. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

Haha, I noticed that, but where at over there?