Surface Pro 3. Initial editing ?? Advice and Consent

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking at tablets for an August purchase. MS Surface Pro 3 has my eye at the moment. Would greatly appreciate feedback. Will do pre-edit on PS and LR.
Any other tablets you think best this in. 1000.00. Range. Replies very welcome. Ed

Bump for replies. Anyone have an opinion ?

You might want to move this to the Digital Discussions to get a useful reply. Personally not much of a tablet person for serious editing. A small laptop to my way of thinking is better, but to each their own.

The surface pro 3 is the only player in town, it's pretty much this or a conventional laptop. I almost bought one, decided against at the last minute because you're paying a heck of a lot just for the convenience of the form factor(and my older laptop still work wonderfully). Using LR and PS, which are memory hogs, pretty much forces you to get the 8 GB version, and keyboard, which is pretty much required, is an extra 150 buck or so, so I doubt you'll get by with 1k.

Oh, last thing that made me go against: only one usb connection, so to connect a card reader, an external mouse, an external HD, an externla DVD reader/burner etc would have required a powered hub and external eccessories, which made the convenience of the form factor...not so convenient anymore, especially when considering my current laptop has multiple card reader, DVD drive, multiple USB port, Firewire port etc already built in.

Last edited:
It's not the only player. I have a HP Envy X2 which is an identical form factor but higher specs (at the time I bought it). At the time I bought it the specs were higher and cheaper than a Surface Pro. Not sure if that has changed since.

It's not the only player. I have a HP Envy X2 which is an identical form factor but higher specs (at the time I bought it). At the time I bought it the specs were higher and cheaper than a Surface Pro. Not sure if that has changed since.
And that's running a fully fledged Window OS? My bad then, I haven't seen this model, or any other, in any of the electronic retail store I regularly go to. They all seem to be running those RT, or IOS or Android half assed operating system on which you can't run decent software.

Technically the Surface Pro 3 is the only game in town. Even HP bills their HP Envy X2 as a PC or Laptop with a detachable screen. The Envy looks more Laptopish, like an apple air and the other lightweights, having a detachable keyboard, were as the Surface pro is more tabletish that you can use a key board with.

The biggest difference I see is the HP weighs in at over 4 lbs where the Surface weighs in at 1.5 lbs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back