Surgery is over!

Glad to hear everything went OK. I'm a bit surprised the quadcopter wasn't snapping away in the OR! ;)

Got home around 3 and immediately took a well-deserved nap. The cats love it as they get a nice warm lap.

The incision near the navel is still tender, especially when I stand up / sit down or otherwise move. My right shoulder hurts from the gas I was injected with. My throat is sore from the breathing tube used during the procedure.

But this is all normal and expected. And to follow Snerd's leads, here a shot of the gruesome details:

Surgerypost.jpg

Glad you finally got them removed. hope you are up and at it soon.

Hey, congrats! Glad it went well! Yeah, at least for a week or so, I can tell people my belly isn't really that big, it's the gas they pumped it up with!

I had my gallbladder taken out a year and half ago. I had the right shoulder pain after as well. Although they must have used a lot of gas for me, because I also had a lot of gas in my stomach, so I had stomach pain for 3-4 days.

Inbox me if you want details...but lets just say...15 minutes after you eat your first meal of the day...you better know where the restroom is.

NOTE* It could also be your 2nd meal of the day....or 3rd. Also you may only have 2 minutes.

Good luck!

Glad everything went well. Hope for a speedy recovery. I had mine taken out about 5 years ago. I followed their diet recommendations for about 3 months then started eating the way I normally did and about 90% of the time I'm fine. You just got to learn to listen to your body and make adjustments when needed.

Were those band aides $3k a piece?

I got no band-aids. There is something like a super-glue over my entry holes. And one big bandage for the drain hose entry.

I got no band-aids. There is something like a super-glue over my entry holes. And one big bandage for the drain hose entry.

I guess this is one way to cut health-care costs - use office supplies to patch people up.

I got gypped. I requested He-Man or Teenage Mutant Nija Turtle band-aids. I didn't even get Hello Kitty ones.
50_b.gif

Well, they said yesterday not to make any big financial decisions for 24 hours.

So I'm off to pick up my new trio of D800s and two Trinities. I'm doing this in the Ferrari I just ordered. Then off to the airport, hop on my new private Lear and off to my villa on the Riviera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back